Today folks is a special treat. As I typically struggle with just one caricature in a cartoon, this week I had FOUR.
Sylvester Stallone’s new movie, The Expendables, was released on Friday. It’s both a whos who and a whos that of action films. The main guy in this cartoon is former Everybody Hates Chris dad, Terry Crews. Before that show (and to some of you now) he is one of those “That Guys” in Hollywood where you might not know his name but you definitely have seen him in plenty of movies including the classic “White Chicks”.
But as I got to thinking about the other cast, they are known for either being misunderstood, monotone or mumbling their lines.
– Stallone – Mumbler
– Arnold Schwarzenegger – Misunderstood
– Li – Mumbler (and sometimes Misunderstood)
– Roarke – Mumbler and Misunderstood
– Jason Statham – Monotone
– Dolph Lundgren – Misunderstood
– Randy Coutoure – A who’s that unless you are a UFC fan (and I have never heard him talk)
– Stone Cold Steve Austin – A who’s that unless you are a Wrestling fan (but he has great mic skills)
So I could see Crews in this movie saying he wasn’t expendable as even the enemy needs him to interpret what these other guys are saying. Yet I love all these guys movies because I am an action junky. Though I think they should have included Richard Roundtree.
Side note: See those buttons below. If you like something I do, vote it up. If you use reddit or digg and are signed in (assuming it has been posted to either) all you need to do is click the up arrow or thumb it up. Thanks!