Bearman Charity Challenge 2010
It’s back!! Last year, thanks to your efforts you cost me $336 to charity. Once again I am issuing a challenge and this year I am going for $1000.
This year the first $500 raised will once again go to the Cincinnati FreeStore Foodbank. This charity does great things not only to feed those in need but also to help families get back on their feet in other ways. The need is great this time of year because people tend to donate more during the holidays.
Anything donated above $500 to the max $1000 will go to support the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati in their fundraising efforts.
I am issuing this challenge to help raise money. I will donate the indicated amount for each thing that you do in the month of May:
- $10 - For the first 20 cartoonists who send in a guest cartoon (see below for what I am looking for).
- $5 – Add http://beartoons.com to your blog roll (for those who don’t already have it)
- $5 – Add a Bearman Cartoons Banner Ad (found here) on your site or if you already have one upgrade to a larger size.
- $5 $10 – Blog about my challenge to your readers and link back to this entry in your post – http://beartoons.com/2010/05/03/bearman-charity-challenge-2010
- $5 – Send a picture of yourself wearing a t-shirt from our shopOR send a picture that showcases that you are a BEARMANiac. Photos will be showcased in weekly updates and also appear ongoing in the BEARMANia section.
- $2 – Follow me via TWITTER updates. (if you aren’t already)
- $2 – Become a fan/like Beartoons on Facebook.
If you add me to your blog roll, add/upgrade your banner, include this challenge in a post, or start following me via twitter/facebook because of this post please indicate in the comments.
I’ll post a weekly update of the money raised and who did what to raise the money with links back to your site if applicable.
Call for Cartoonists to provide Guest Cartoons
Taking some time off in June so looking for guest cartoons to fill the void. Obviously I don’t have recurring characters but last years call to highlight your characters in new ways was well received. So here is the challenge. Replace the actor(s) in your favorite movie/television show with one or more of your characters. Submissions can take the form of fake posters, single panel or strip. Keep submissions within 600 pixels wide. Here is just one example from the Family Guy (obviously doesn’t need to be that in depth). If you need inspiration, check out my recent post on recreating 35 famous movie posters.
Thanks for your continued support.