Yes it is that time of year once again. The Bearman Cartoons Charity Challenge 2016 from May 9 – June 15, where you do stuff and I donate money to worthy charities. This is the 8th Year I have done this so far donating over $7500.
I do this challenge each year to raise awareness of my blog while giving money to charities who need it. Some people have asked why I don’t just shut up and donate the money without all the fuss. Three reasons. First, what I spend on this is my advertising budget for the year so if you enjoy Bearman Cartoons, please help by spreading the word on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc and/or thumbing up on StumbleUpon or Reddit. Second, I have heard from many people who want to donate but their current financials don’t allow for it. This is a great way for them to get involved. And finally, no one would probably know about all these great charities without the challenge so it is my way to strum up some publicity for them.
Again this year I will divide evenly the amount of money donated between three charities up to $1500. The first charity I will support is the Red Cross in their continued efforts. The second charity is the Brandon C Gromada Head and Neck Cancer Foundation. This charity is named after my friend Brandon Gromada who was stricken with this terrible disease and passed away in 2012. His family set up this foundation to direct funds to research for better treatments. This is a rare type of cancer that research funds are needed to combat it. And the third is of course one of my favorite charities, Crayons to Computers. It is a free store for teachers allowing them to stock up on school and art supplies for their students/classrooms. But that is not all. I will donate the indicated amount for each thing that you do in the month of May:
- $10 – For any cartoonists who uses ME in a cartoon in their strip. Use “BEARMAN” somewhere in the toon. Maybe it’s a character’s name, a name on a bar sign in the background, integrating my green haired gravatar into a background character or even loosely as “Check out that Bear, man!” Be sure to link back to this post so I know to include you in my tally. I know some of you work with a buffer so if you plan to post after May just contact me and let me know and I will add it to the list.
- $5 – Blog about my challenge to your readers and link back to this entry in your post – http://beartoons.com/2016/05/09/bearman-cartoons-charity-challenge-2016
- $1 – Circle/Follow me on Social Media -Payout limited to the first 1200 new followers in May so I have money for the other parts of the challenge.
- Google Plus – http://googleplus.beartoons.com. Currently I have 89,412 followers so a buck for every one added above that up to the max.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Beartoons/ Currently 1,460 likes for the page
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/BearmanCartoons Currently 3,293 followers
PLUS Donation Match. You make any donation to any of the three charities listed above in honor of Bearman Cartoons or Beartoons.com and I will match that donation up to the maximum payout for the challenge. Just send me something or post something showing your donation so I can count it.
Another year already? I think you’ve sped up my clock.
Mine is going crazy too.
This is in my blog right now. Funny, I use my blog section less than I realize. My last post was your Charity challenge from 2015. 😉
At least your are consistent. haha Thanks Bill!!!!