Did you ever find a Kale Smoothie Recipe that actually tastes good? Did you ever even try? Do you know about the benefits of Kale? I certainly didn’t until recently but kept hearing things like “Kale is a Superfood” So I went online to find out why. According to WebMD Kale offers these benefits:
- 33 Calories per cup with 206% Vitamin A, 134% Vitamin C, and 684% Vitamin K.
- Rich in lutein and zeaxanthin compounds promoting eye health.
- Anti-Cancer health benefits
So I decided it was time to try it. YUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!! Too bitter for my taste buds. So how was I to get the benefits of Kale without having to hold my nose to ingest it? SMOOTHIE!!! But just throwing in Kale with your other smoothie ingredients won’t work well because it tends to leave chunks in the mix. And who wants that? So I give you my own recipe and with the exception of ice, all the ingredients are shown in the picture below.
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Kale pulled off the stem
- 1 cup Almond Milk (I prefer Blue Diamond Unsweetened as it only has 30 Calories) You can substitute milk but refer to the WebMD article for those with calcium absorption issues.
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1 – Banana
- 2-4 Ice Cubes
- Put only Kale and Almond Milk in Blender and blend until smooth.
- Add banana and strawberries and again blend until smooth
- Add ice and blend once more until smooth
- Drink up!!
Trust me that all you taste is the banana and the strawberry. No bitterness. You are all welcome for making sure you live long healthy lives so you can keep coming back so my site stats stay up. 🙂