As many of my loyal readers will attest, I am a fulfiller of dreams. Brock Heasley has such a dream. His dream is to get a contract with DC Comics. Brock is the mind behind Superfogeys, the webcomic about old superheroes in a nursing home (that yours truly provided a guest cartoon for just last month). As good as Superfogeys is, Brock and his team have submitted MONSTERPLEX to Zuda. Zuda is a site owned by DC and each month they pit 10 different webcomics against each other. If he wins, he gets a one year contract to keep making it.
From Brocks site on how you can help:
1. First of all, go to http://www.zuda.com Pretty cool, right?
2. Hit the “Sign Up!” link in the upper right hand corner. You can’t vote or interact with the site in any meaningful way without registering first (don’t worry, it’s painless and DC Comics won’t spam you afterwards).
3. Follow the instructions to create your Zuda account.
4. Click on the Zuda logo in the upper left corner of the screen to go back to the homepage.
5. Click on “VOTE” to go to the current competition.
6. Scroll down until you see MONSTERPLEX and then click on that!
7. Now, this is the good part. There’s a whole bunch of things you can do to support MONSTERPLEX and they’re all right here:
a. Click the VOTE button!
b. Give MONSTERPLEX a star rating under “Rate This Comic:” (5 is great, but follow your conscience.)
c. Click the red “+” sign to “Add to Your Favorites”
d. Scroll way down on the page and leave a comment!
So go off and do your good deed for the day. Brock promises that if he wins, he will add a real Bear-Man to the monster mix who wears a beartoons.com t-shirt all the time. OK, I totally made that up. But I have dreams too you know.
Ha! This is great! Thank you, my friend! You really made me laugh with this.
What have you been doing on the net. Just found this comment in my spam filter.
Geez Bearman, at this rate you will get into the members stand in heavn. Just make sure that halo don’t choke you. OK, where do I friggin sign?
OK all done , sold my soul to Zuda.
See…now you just made it a little more cooler for yourself in your apartment in hell.
Hey, I just looked up nice guy in my dictionary and it said: nice guy- bearman.
That’s funny, b/c I looked up assclown and it also said “Bearman”
i know!! me too. who knew assclown was you?
Seemingly Mr Funk and Mr Wagnalls. Also Mr Webster.
Brilliant! I’m heading over right now to vote.
Brock will appreciate it.
Nice job with the instructions!
I know didn’t I do a good job of copying and pasting from Brock’s website?
I’m with writerdood, except that I tend to prefer diagrams. Any charts and/or graphs, Bearman?! 😉
Why would you need a diaphram?
hush up and get to working on that diagram you slacker! 😉
Tell Brock…it’s his words.
Great stuff Bearman! 🙂
I do what I can.
Hahaha! I both of you guys’ dreams come true!
And I hope you get a proofreader before you post nonsensical comments.
*laughing* funny reply to george- sorry george, sometimes bearman actually comes up with a good one!! 🙂
What the hell you mean…sometimes!!!
It must be an assclown skill 🙂
I’m a Monsterplex Supporter 🙂