This article is permanently posted here but wanted to highlight it.
My primary goal in the revamped launch of beartoons.com is to attracted more regular readers and commenters. One of the ways I am doing this is by offering up free ad space using two different criteria.
You will notice that the current blog design has six 125×125 ads prominently in the upper sidebar. The top two are for top commenters, the middle for other Bearmania activities described below and the final two are reserved for my own ads.
My favorite part of posting is getting all the great comments and interaction from regular readers. To reward this group, the top two commenters each week will have this coveted ad space for until the following weeks results are in. HOWEVER, spam commenters and those who move beyond interaction and try to artificially bump up their comments will be disqualified.
Bonus points: Ties will be broken by giving bonus points to those with a Bearman Cartoons banner ad. The bigger the ad the more points you get. Have the ad on your homepage and I double the points.
The second set of ads are reserved for Bearmania activities. These will not have set time limits. Instead as new ad program participants perform one of the following activities, their ad will take the place of the former one. Each ad will be in place for at least 20 hours. Bearmania activities include:
- Purchasing a product from WackSack.com, our sister company store. Contact me to let me know what name you used to purchase so I can verify before setting up your ad.
- Sending a picture of yourself wearing your WackSack designed shirt. Also contact me to let me know what name you used to purchase so I can verify before setting up your ad.
- Designing a web banner for Bearman Cartoons. I hate my banners, so designers get out your photoshop/illustrator tools and do me one better. Feel free to use the Bearman Cartoons logo. Approved banners will be posted in the Beartoons banner section along with a permalink to your site. Example tag lines that may be useful include:
- A Hack Cartoonist’s View of the World
- Editorial Cartoons, Pop-Culture Cartoons, Other BS
- A Moderate’s View of the Crazies all Around Me
- Blog Blog Blog – Blog about Beartoons. Overall promotion, promoting contests, free ad program etc etc.
- Socialize me – Follow BearmanCartoons on StumbleUpon, become a Beartoons fan on Facebook, Follow Bearmancartoons on Twitter AND follow via Technorati. All links are available at the top of the screen. Once you have done all four, contact me for verification and ad set up. First 10 people to do this are eligible.
- Guest Cartoons – Either editorial cartoons, answer a specific call for guest cartoons OR send a picture of your webcomic character(s) with our URL and the words “I’m a Bearmaniac”
- Other ideas – Contact me if you have other ideas that may be worthy of including in this list.
How to join the Ad Program
2 steps –
- Put a link to Bearman Cartoons (http://beartoons.com) or a Bearman Cartoons Banner on your website
- Contact me with a link to your 125×125 banner ad. I will include your ad in my links page. Then whenever you are an ad winner, I can automatically post your ad in the appropriate spot.
I reserve the right to cancel/modify the program at any time. But I probably won’t for a long while.